Wednesday, August 06, 2003

Random brain synapses firing as I file


Oasis's Law of Idiocy #1 - "Messy handwriting, when it is expected that it will be read by others, is one of the heights of arrogance."

People are very strange and beautiful beings. No other creature in the world thinks to itself (as far as we know...) "Hmm...I feel like doing something silly and potentially very dangerous. Rather than NOT do this silly thing, I will instead endeavour to make it temporarily safer." This is why we have fast cars with airbags, seatbelts and crumple zones. Why not just take an extra ten minutes to get there? This is why skydivers (?!) wear helmets. To make something dangerous just a little safer. Hmph. (And I SO want to try skydiving someday!!)

Another thing that humans do which is very odd is drink or eat things that taste bad. Generally in the wild, if something tastes bad it is POISON. But, we have decided that darn it, coffee is good stuff when you add sugar and milk and chocolate to it! To most people, their first taste of alcohol is decidedly unpleasant, but rather than say "Oh, this must be poisonous," (which it is...) and leave it be, people try to acquire the taste.

And we say animals are dumb. (By that I mean humanity in general: I talk to cats and my fish...even plants and trees...)

No comments: