Thursday, March 04, 2004

Of work and school


I got called into the office yesterday in regards to a very messy front end yesterday afternoon. I didn't think that it was completely my fault. In fact, I don't feel that a lot of what I get blamed for at work is actually my fault. I really don't think I'm cut out for this whole supervisor thing. The managers who were talking to me were quite nice about the whole thing...suggesting that it was a sign of maturity to decide that I would have more strengths in other areas, like working with customers. It's really a huge burden off my mind...I've been slowly hating this job and it's so much nicer to be out with customers on the floor, helping them with their purchases, rather than dealing with returns and bitchy people and nasty co-workers. This way at least, I can pretend to be busy and avoid the front end and all those poisonous people that show up there.

Also, I've decided to go back to school next semester. Supervising is something that I'm just not really cut out for, and with school being back in session, it's one less stress that I have to deal with.

I haven't really talked to many people about this besides my parents and Candyman. I didn't really give C/M a chance to offer any advice... ;) but my parents think that it would be a good idea to go back to doing what I love.

I really hated not loving what I was doing. Now's my chance to change that.

No comments: