Sunday, March 28, 2004

Baby showers and stuff.


Yesterday I went to my first baby shower for someone of my age group. No one that I've been close to has ever had a baby, so this is a first time thing for me. It was very exciting. :) I was overwhelmed by the amount of people who were there! Candyman and I got there within an hour of the start of the party and the entire condo was filled with people. I hope that if/when I have a baby I have that many people who care about us. We couldn't stay long because we had another function to go to.

My mom's sixtieth birthday went really well. When we were doing presents, she kept saying "This is crazy!! There's so much." It's kind of nice to do that for her...we always got get outrageously spoiled on our birthdays so when someone else organizes it I feel that she sometimes get the short end. However, I think that she did pretty well. We went out for a nice dinner at a local pasta place and then came back to the house for cake, presents and moving my bed downstairs. Oh, and hockey. Daymn. What a good game that was.

I slept ok on my new bed. I always have trouble sleeping in a new place, and a new bed is pretty much a completely different place. But I made do. I think it would have been better if I hadn't been sick. It's a whole new perspective on my room. I've been sleeping on a box spring and mattress for the last six or seven years, which was about a foot and a half tall. Now suddenly I've got a frame, larger box spring and MUCH larger mattress. It feels like it's about three feet tall now. I think I like it.

No comments: