Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Feeling better?


Well, with any luck, this cold will rip its way through my body and leave as quickly as it came. I'm feeling much more human since I took a shower this evening...partly due to the "icky" factor of not being able to take a shower, and probably partly due to the steam. Daymn. Did that ever feel good. Drank down some more Buckley's, nursing a Neo-Citrine and am currently waiting for a pot of soup to heat up. I used Justy's recipe that I suggested several ingredients for, many moons ago...

The Soup I Ate For Lunch, That I Feel Better For Having Eaten

One can Campbell's chicken noodle soup
One can water, as per directions
Three cloves garlic, chopped (I used five, but only because my garlic was dessicated and I needed to peel down pretty far to get to the fresh stuff)
One pinch thyme
Two 300g echinacea capsules (Did not add, partly because I have none, and partly because Justy mentioned that the taste was kind of off and that might have been a factor.)

Mix in pot and heat. Consume. Enjoy garlicky taste. For hours. Brush teeth and/or consume entire pack of breath mints before going out in public. (According to one of my books, chewing on parsley or...something I can't remember...helps sweeten breath.)


Now, I am off to check on my soup. Mmm.. Soup.

No comments: