Friday, August 25, 2006

PISSED OFF. AND HAPPY!


SOME EXPLANATIONS OF THE PREVIOUS POST

Apparently muscle and joint pain is a potential side effect of fluticasone aka the not-purple inhaler. OW. I just about collapsed when I stood up from the table because my butt muscles and my hips were so sore. Waaaaaahhhhhh!

However, I got a letter from Michaels craft store. Apparently the place underwent new ownership and they're buying out all of their stockholders at $44 a share. I think I wound up with 12 or so shares while I was working there, so I'll be getting a cool $500 bucks or so. Ooh. That's US money too.

Next, I'm generally annoyed...I got a letter from one of my school board application people saying that I'm missing part of my application package. It's IN. DAMMIT.

BUT! I heard through the grapevine (generally a less than accurate source, but I can tell you the exact filter...but I won't, because I've got to protect my sources.[You have no idea how much restraint it took for me to not link to my source...s/he can reveal him/herself in the comments if s/he wishes]) different school board is going to be hiring a bunch of TOCs (teachers on call) which means I might get hired there. This is good.

Then, blah. I'm taking some stuff too personally...it really doesn't have anything to do with me. But I'm still irritated. And I don't want to get into it.

Hooray though! I managed to pare down my list of things I need to do some more, and I registered for Thursday night karate at Queensborough Community Centre.

Here are the details...it's a REALLY good deal and I can vouch for the quality of instruction.

Thursdays Sept 21-Oct 27 (six of 'em unless I miss my guess)
730-900 pm
Queensborough Community Centre
Call 604-525-7388 to register

Map is here.

I registered for two modules of it (another six week course starting November 10th I think) and it was only $45. That's INSANE...just to let you know. Most martial arts places charge about fifty bucks a month.

For more information, call/email the rec centre, email Adam-sensei at adamnicholson (at) shintokukai (dot) com, or email/IM/call me. My info (minus phone number) is on the sidebar.

No comments: