Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Two Steps Forward...One Step Back


Guess what I'm doing right now.

I bet you didn't guess applying for a job at Michaels. I just bet you didn't. Unless you're Dave, or my mom. Because they already knew I was going to do this.

This kind of sucks. I mean, I'm excited about being surrounded by beautiful crafty goodness again, but I'd really like to be getting ahead in my career, not just something which I considered to be a stepping stone...a job that gave me money (and many, many discounts...oh, the discounts...) while I was going to school.

DAMMIT! I'M OUT OF SCHOOL! I WANT TO DO WHAT I'VE TRAINED FOR!!!!

So yeah. I'm torn. Happy to be potentially working, sad to probably be doing the stuff I did for a year and a half as a stop gap measure, happy to be working in a place that I (generally) enjoyed. :P

Although I have to say that the main reason why I'm doing this is because after that cheque, I've gotten used to receiving money from them I think that as soon as I'm hired there, one or more school boards is going to call me and want to hire me.

pleaseohpleaseohplease...

No comments: