Monday, July 19, 2004

Rumour mongering


Or: the post that's probably going to get me in major trouble. :)



DISCLAIMER: I'm just being a goof...don't mind me.

Today I took a nap, then handed in my paper. Before going to the university, I called ahead to Dave's to see if I should stop by. Turns out he's not home, busy taking a friend (female) to the doctor's office at about noon, but I can stop by when I'm finished. This is about 2:00. Ok, fair enough. I dawdle a bit and head over after turning in the paper and arrive around 3:00. It's now 4:00...no sign of Dave or female friend and I'm bored of knitting for the time being. Hmmm... So now, it's time to postulate...soap opera style! *thumbs up*

Is she pregnant? Ooh! Cool!! Another baby in the circle of friends! But wait! Why isn't her husband going with her instead? Why...because it's not his child! So Dave's going because...ooh. I don't like the way this one's going. NEXT!

Hmmm...how about...they're actually an elite crime fighting team from CSIS and the whole doctor's thing is just a front...unless it's code for "We're going to go fight the evil Doctor of Ultimate DOOOOOM". That's not fair! I like costumes and beating people up! I wanna be an elite crime fighting team member.

Ok...what else? Maybe someone needs to be deprogrammed from a cult posing as a group of life insurance salesmen. Or one of them is possessed by demons...posing as a cult...posing as a group of insurance salesmen!

Or perhaps they are out buying me a stupendous present, one which requires both of them to move. OOH!! A PONY!!! YAY!!!

Perhaps the great Canadian novel is being written. Or the great Canadian symphony. Or the great Canadian beer recipe and hockey playbook. Not saying that they're the ones doing it, but perhaps they are witness to the great genius unfolding.

What if they got mugged by overzealous circus clowns. Or worse...MIMES! Because you know, a mime is a terrible thing to waste. (Don't kill me, it was from Robin Hood: Men in Tights)

It's possible that while driving, they ran into a protest over cruelty to banana slugs and joined in the march to Whistler. That could take a while...I think there's an accident on the Sea to Sky highway.

Anyway, there's my list of interesting excuses and suggestions.

No comments: