Monday, July 19, 2004

Happy Birthday Random Synapses


Yes, we at Random Synapses have bringing people bloggity goodness for one year now. Something I didn't realize is that I started karate the same day I started doing the blog...interesting...

This blog was originally for me to try and do goal-type stuff...let's see how I've been doing:

This was the first series of goals I set for myself.

Online: blog three times a week
Financial:: Pay Candyman, get rid of my credit card bill
Physical I:: Weight down from 167 or so to 150 lbs
Physical II:: Exercise two or three times/week
Personal Space:: Clean my room.
Education:: Do some sort of readings on my own

Here are the first results

Online: blogged many times so far.
Financial:: Um, I haven't opened my credit card bill yet. I'm kind of scared, and I need to buy a gi for karate...
Physical I:: 165 lbs, baybeee! No junk food today either.
Physical II:: Went to karate tonight. Loving it.
Personal Space:: Roughly 350 square feet out of 400 are totally unlivable. The 50 feet equals my bed, some space beside it, my bathroom and a path to each place.
Education:: Currently reading "Power Herbs", and referencing other herbal and aromatherapy books. Tonight I will be researching blisters and how to cure them before my Monday night Ultimate Frisbee game.

Here are my current results

Online: blogged many times so far. :) I've done over 460 posts in 366 days.
Financial:: Still owe C/M some money, but not nearly as much. Credit card is paid off (over $600) and I have a small savings.
Physical I:: about 162 lbs. However, I've gone down two sizes in jeans.
Physical II:: I've been running, doing karate, doing Ultimate...I'm awesome.
Personal Space:: Hm...I think it's at about 150 square feet clean. I started crafting again this year, so that's a lot of stuff taking up a lot of space! (Damn you, clearance yarn! I will defeat you!!)
Education:: I've taken seven classes in the last year, plus done a bunch of research into starting my own business, herbal remedies, aromatherapy, Wicca and fitness.

Overall, I'm pretty happy about how things have gone. It's been just over two years with Candyman now.

Y'know, I think it's time I started calling him Dave. Y'know. Since that's his name and all. :)

(Post actually written at 9:23 PM July 17)

No comments: