Sunday, November 30, 2003

No content...no content...


Yeah, I worked, I slept, I had food, I avoided studying and I tried to start knitting a toque. (I felt very Canadian, and patriotic while I did that...then I realized I'd twisted the stitches and messed the whole thing up...whoops.) So that's been my last couple of days. Luckily, I will be saved from the evil "no content" demon by the Friday Five!!

Friday Five, brought to you by Saturday afternoon.



1. Do you like to shop? Why or why not?
Yes. I can be somewhat materialistic, but mostly I like to collect stuff. I collect books and craft stuff and other stuff. I don't like the aftermath of shopping though. (credit card bills, cheques bouncing...etc.)

2. What was the last thing you purchased?
I bought a tartan tree ornament at work yesterday, and ten minutes before that I bought a 5' x 5' wreath box that I put all my yarn and most of my cross stitch stuff into. I'm buying another one today...it's only $11.66 and they would fit under my bed if I had legs on my bed.

3. Do you prefer shopping online or at an actual store? Why?
I'm going to go with "yes". I love actually being at a store and seeing all the stuff, and feeling it...especially clothes and books, but I also really like doing the online shopping thing. It's so much easier to buy stuff from, say Powells than it is get to their physical location (Portland.). Overall, I'm going to say I like real stores better.

4. Did you get an allowance as a child? How much was it?
Yup. I actually stopped getting it in April 2003...when I finished school. :) At it's peak, I was getting $20/week and I started out with $1 a week when I was a kid. My mom's going to take me shopping for work clothes though. I've got a $400 clothing allowance there.

5. What was the last thing you regret purchasing?
I did regret buying a sweater because the pocket was ripped and I couldn't return it, but then I took the pocket off and it's my favourite sweater right now. I don't think I can think of anything right now...I tend to make fairly inexpensive purchases which just add up, so any one thing isn't really a big deal. Maybe my car. It's kind of expensive...

No comments: