Friday, February 13, 2004

Yesterday...


I was having such a bad day at work yesterday. I was supposed to be at work at 330, but I thought it was supposed to be 430, so I wound up being almost 20 minutes late... (they called me.. whoops) Some other stuff happened too...my supervisor told me that she was going to be calling me that night to talk to me about something that "wasn't too bad" and "involved some other people" from work. Hmm. Thanks. No stress or pressure there. :p Then of course, there were the evil customers that always seem to come out when you're doing poorly...it's like they smell blood or something.

So I called Candyman on my break and was hoping to be comforted. I did get somewhat comforted, but then took offense at a rather innocuous thing that he said, so I started crying and broke off the phone call. I spent the rest of my break sobbing in the lunch room. :/ That really sucked.

So, I decided not to take on this "bad stuff" for myself and went out there with a big smile and gritted teeth and a "hell with you" attitude to take on the customers.

About two hours later, around two hours to the end of my shift, I looked up to see Justy and Candyman standing there! Apparently they'd been talking on ICQ and CM had told Justy that I was feeling like crap, so they came down to cheer me up! Thanks guys. :) They stuck around for a bit and then they left and "went to the mall. *wink wink*" (yeah, I'm not sure what that was all about either...they were denying that they did anything other than walk around the mall and discuss pool cues. I'm suspicious. :) )

We then went to Boston Pizza, (my choice, their treat) and I had a really really good meal. It was feta shrimp penne baked with mozzarella cheese in alfredo sauce. I finished it off tonight and it was still phenomenal. Justy had to motor after that, so CM and I went back to my place, and I got a two hour back rub. I was soooo relaxed. I could barely get up the stairs to let Candyman out. I was asleep before midnight.

So, all in all it was a really great day after all.

No comments: