Thursday, February 19, 2004

Continuing the meme


Links upon links upon...


Donna wrote about Darren who wrote about someone collecting money for flowers for gay and lesbian couples getting married in San Francisco. Darren started Flowers for Al and Don and is collecting for the same thing. I think this is a really cool idea. I sent two bucks. HOWEVER! I would like to make the call out that you match whatever you give to this with a donation of the same amount to the food bank or something. While this is a great way of showing support, it seems a shame to be sending this money when it can be used for other purposes as well.

So, I'd like to call attention to your local food bank. The time after Christmas is tough for them, so please match your flower donation with one for the food bank. I'll be buying some baby food to donate tomorrow. (/me steps down off my soapbox)

No comments: