Sunday, February 01, 2004

I have a new project!


Y'know, because I don't have enough projects. :p It's kind of a secret right now, but it involves a sewing machine. I've always hated sewing and the last time I touched a sewing maching, other than to help move my mom's, was in grade eight. That would be roughly 12 years ago...half my lifetime. Justy has done more recent sewing then I have.

BUT!

Today I sewed. I created a scrunchie. It is ragged. It has visible threads. But, it is recognizably a scrunchie. And it is teal. I'm currently wearing it, and have been for the last twenty five minutes or so. As of yet, it is still in a recognizably "scrunchie"-like status.

This pleases and impresses me. Sewing is one of those things that people have tried to teach me over and over again but I simply have a massive mental block. Kind of like the rules for "Big Two". I can't seem to keep them in my head. I've wanted to learn how to sew for the last little while, mostly because I love medieval style outfits and they're very expensive. :p

So yeah. This was good. Although I'm incredibly tired...I was up until about 0530 this morning revisiting my A&W meal from several hours before. I don't like being sick.

I should go make a purple scrunchie with the other material I bought today. Incidentally, if people want small amounts of pretty material, check out my craft store. 22"x18" pieces for $2.29 And it's nice stuff, too.

No comments: