Saturday, July 19, 2003

No longer blinded by the stars in my eyes.



Well, here's a test. I've done some blogs before, but for various reasons they've gotten toasted. I'm separating this blog from my other ones, so if you're here, you probably got here either directly from me, or linked from a friend...not that anyone has this yet. Um, yeah.

I tend to get these urges to blog at strange times...this time it was after being at my b/f, Candyman's, house. I was driving home and listening to my brand new mix CD when I started getting really depressed listening to Foreigner's "Juke Box Hero" and some of the Labyrinth soundtrack. I realized that goddammit, my dreams aren't going to come true on their own. If I have something that I want to happen, then I need to be the one to make it work.

It sounds kind of silly, especially since I've read it a bunch of times and heard it from various people, but for the first time, it sort of hit me...I'm in charge of my own destiny. If I don't like how my life is going, I need to be the one to haul ass into what I want. It's still kind of depressing to realize that I'm not going to be a popular cheerleader in high school (yeah, I know...I'm 23...) or that my modelling contract just isn't going to show up. 80% of the Vancouver Canucks are younger than me!! I'm starting a mid-life crisis in my early 20's...this can't be good. On the bright side, I found a couple silver hairs the other night, and I thought that kicked serious ass. I love them...they kind of gleam in the light. It's pretty nifty. I'm tempted to try dying my hair silver...or streaking it or something. Get a "Rogue" look from X-Men or something.

So, I'm going to start blogging my goals and give a running total of how they're going. Maybe I'll actually be able to keep this blog going at the same time.

OK, so some goals...

Online: blog once a week or more (I'm starting slow...)
Financial: pay off my debts. I owe Candyman $1,700, plus I owe my parents $11,500 for my snazzy new car. Right now I work temporary part time filing papers at an accounting office near Granville Island and do some background performing (AKA "extras" work) for TV and film. Not a lot of money in either.
Physical I: Get my weight to 150 lbs. I'm at 165ish right now, but I feel like I should lose some weight. I'm 5'9" if anyone cares.
Physical II: Exercise every day. So far, I play Ultimate Frisbee on Candyman's teams twice a week, and I've either gone for a jog (yuck) or a mini hike (both about 20 minutes) twice this week. I'm going to be starting karate on Saturdays, and trying to get to the gym. I didn't exercise tonight.
Personal Space: My room (I still live with my parents) is an absolute disaster area. I need to de-clutter the entire place. It's about 500 square feet that I can't live in, and a path leading from the door to my closet, bed and bathroom.
Education: I have my Bachelor's in English Lit, but I can't do much with that. I'll be taking some classes in the fall, but I also study on my own, especially herbal medicine, aromatherapy and various religions.

I guess that's about it for tonight. Thanks for listening.

No comments: