Friday, July 25, 2003

Friday Five


Yeah, I'm a copycat. So sue me. :) I've actually thought a little about this subject, but it was in the guise of a book. So here goes. This is going to be a long one...with a lot of links. I'll probably never do it this in depth ever again, so enjoy!

1. If your life were a movie, what would the title be?
"Forcing Away" (Ultimate Frisbee reference)

2. What songs would be on the soundtrack?
*looks up the playlist of the CD that I just burned...*

"1000 Oceans" - Tori Amos [I found this song after Pete Abrams from Sluggy Freelance used it in his "Fire and Rain" storyline]

"Desert Rose" - Sting [The first few times I heard this song was when it was a warm June/July/September? night last year and I was in a really spacy mood, just driving around with Candyman, and he had the sunroof in his car open. It always brings me back there.]

"Everybody Knows" - Leonard Cohen [I was on the verge of breaking up with Candyman once, right near the beginning of our relationship, when he played this song for me. I'd never heard it before, and figured that if someone likes this odd music, with these amazing lyrics, then there's something in there worth fighting for.]

"Faith of the Heart" - Russell Watson [I love the visuals of the opening scene for "Enterprise", and the music fits it so well. It gives me hope that humanity might make it into the Star Trek world of acceptance and peace. I only have the short version...hmmm....I might have to buy a CD soon.]

"Fire and Rain" - Dave Matthews Band (cover) [Another song from Sluggy Freelance's "Fire and Rain" storyline. Found this site while looking up lyrics.]

"It's Not Easy To Be Me" - Five For Fighting [I'm a fan of superheroes, and it really isn't easy being anyone...including Superman. I thought this was Dave Matthews for the longest time. Huh. Go figure. And I've never seen Smallville either.]

"Cape" - Guy Clark [A song that partly inspired me to start this blog.]

"Heaven Denied" - Labÿrinth [A very spacy song, it also partly inspired me to start this blog.]

"99 Red Balloons" (English) - Nena [It's just so true...]

"Diva Opera Mix" (5th Element) - Sarah Brightman [Memories of a great movie...one of the first things Candyman played for me on his kickass entertainment system. Couldn't find the lyrics...]

"Back On Earth" - Ozzy Osbourne [My brother introduced me to this song. I'd never heard any Ozzy before. Not a fan of his voice, but the lyrics are stupendous.]

"500 Miles" - Proclaimers [I've always wanted someone who would walk 1000 miles for me, if it ever became necessary. I guess I'm a silly girl.]

"Jukebox Hero" - Foreigner [Another song that made me decide to start this blog. I took the name of this blog from some of the lines.]

"Callin' Baton Rouge" - Garth Brooks [Another song that shows I'm a silly girl. I want someone to love me enough to call me every hour that they're away from me...and I want to love them enough to not get irritated by it. :)]

"Didn't Start the Fire" - Billy Joel [Realizing that all of these things happened in less than 100 years gives me hope that I might be able to change the world, in at least a little way.]

"Forever Young" ("Queer as Folk" Techno Remix) - Temperance [Vampire song. :) Someday I'll post all my vampire songs. Lyrics partway down the page.]

"It's The End of the World As We Know It" - REM [It's true...just like Nena's "99 Red Balloons"]

"Lady Picture Show" - Stone Temple Pilots [Yet another Sluggy Freelance reference.]

"Phantom of the Opera" (Techno Dance Mix) - ??? [Another Gothic reference I guess. I love any movie/story/song that implies supernatural love that trancends boundaries. Some of the "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" songs from the musical episode do that. That's the only episode I've watched all the way through, FYI...]


3. Would it be a live-action film or animated? Why?
Live action. If it were animated, it would have to be anime though. I prefer that style to "traditional" animation. I think that live action would make it sexier...

4. Casting: who would play you, members of your family, friends, etc?

Huh. These are kind of based on appearance I guess, but some of it has to do with previous roles...or something. I don't know!!!

Me: Carrie-Anne Moss [I'd love it to be Nicole Kidman, but can't justify it. At least Carrie-Anne and I both wear black PVC... ;) And we're both from Vancouver. Although, I do have a corset...]

Candyman: Oded Fehr [If Candyman read this, he'd probably be all embarrassed, but I think there's a definite resemblance. Good thing he doesn't read this...]

Justy: Elijah Woods [This is mostly because of the Frodo character. I don't know why...he just sort of jumped out at me. Please don't kill me!]

Bimkins: Orlando Bloom [mostly so that Bimkins could meet him. ;) ]

Kittens: Renee Zellweger [Bit of a resemblence. :) And (she's gonna kill me for this...) I could totally see her acting a bit like Bridget in "Bridget Jones's Diary" *ducks*]

Cat: Crap. I have no idea...probably some sexy indie, undiscovered star. Or Christina Ricci...fsck. Yeah, this one didn't jump out at me at all...


5. Describe the movie preview/trailer.
Um. Well, probably it would open with me playing Ultimate Frisbee, then going back and forth between that and me wearing my clubbing clothes (black PVC, corsets etc.) and doing karate, interspersed with nine-ball, and tasteful love scenes. Oh, and me teaching Sunday school. LOL. And me fighting with Candyman, and being morose. Maybe I should have Christina Ricci playing me instead. Cat, wanna switch? The whole thing would be a study in contrasts.

This was actually posted at 2:53 pm. I was saving it as I was going, and so it saved at 1:00 or whatever.

No comments: