Tuesday, July 29, 2003

...aaaaand, I'm home. :)


Well, I got home Sunday night. Gave Meesh her keys back today and went out for a coffee and lasagne at Gallagher's coffee bar on Austin in Coquitlam. Played Ultimate last night, as usual. Went over to C/M's house afterwards, then went out to Boston Pizza...our default "late night" dining establishment. I ate more yesterday than I did in the last three days...combination of heat and diet. Felt good though.

Had another day of wonderful filing. I actually kind of like my job. Gives me time to think up naughty stories. ;) Ah well. I fell asleep today at lunch in the break room. :) I didn't get much sleep over the weekend (cats...) or last night, seeing as I have to get up at 0730 or so to get downtown. Hmph. I hate getting up early, although Cat has seen me first thing in the morning after I've had some time to wake up, and I'm apparently annoyingly cheerful way too early.

Another thing I like about my job is that I don't need to be there at a specific time. Between 8 and 9 is fine...which means I don't wait until the last minute to leave, which means I'm there on time or early...which means I get to go home early. I love it! I hate waiting around for stuff. I prefer arriving exactly on time, which means that (with my incredibly underdeveloped sense of direction) I'm often late. No worries about that here!

I just hung up my karate-gi (uniform) and my Ultimate gear is in the wash now. Part of karate is making sure the gi is pressed, spotless and glaringly white for every class. Argh...I don't like that bit, but I will not make the black belts do pushups for my mistakes. They're supposed to make sure everyone's gi is properly done, so they get pushups for the lower belt's errors. It's a pretty interesting system. I wonder if I'd press the gi etc. if it was me who was having to do the pushups. Don't know. I'd like to think that I was honourable and respectful enough that punishment wouldn't enter into it.

Faugh...it's hot. I'm rambling. G'nite, unless I think of something else.

No comments: