Sunday, February 27, 2005

Food.


This started out as a quick reference thing so that I wouldn't have to go look up my weight, then it became an introspective post. Who knew?


I started doing Fitday in December 2002. My starting weight was 174.

In December 2003, I was at my lowest weight since high school, 153. (In grade twelve I was about 145 or so, eating junk food like crazy and not exercising. I want that metabolism back plz kthx.)

In December 2004, I was back up to 167, and this week I was at 163 for a couple days. Grrr.

Now, I've put on some muscle in those last two years, so I can't take it completely depressingly, but I need to make some changes. I've started making some really positive ones already...recommitting myself to karate is the big one. Last year I made a really great mental leap which involved me deciding/realizing that I didn't want to lose weight to look good. Instead, I wanted to lose weight so that I could run faster, have more endurance and more strength. This was a huge step for me because for a few months I was crash dieting (then gorging), making myself feel physically ill if I ate junk food, trying to vomit said junk food up and eventually I even tried using laxatives a few times (that ended after I barely managed to avoid an embarrassing incident in class).

Just ask Dave, I've got probably some of the worst eating habits known to man. I won't say that I'm hungry until I'm starving, then I won't shut up about it, and I'll eat whatever stuff is around. I've been known to fill up on peanut M&Ms while waiting for food to be ready and then not being hungry until midnight. When I was about fourteen, I forgot to eat for three days. My stomach has been fragile ever since I was a baby, and one would think that I would be used to the fact that I shouldn't be eating greasy food because it makes me queasy, or various other issues.

Anyway, I feel a lot better about myself. While I'm still very bad at remembering to eat, I tend to pick food that's at least marginally healthier for me (orange juice instead of pop, granola bars instead of chocolate bars, fruit instead of ice cream) and I'm more concious of exercising.

Ok, I'm done now.

No comments: