Friday, February 18, 2005

Deep breath...


It could have been worse. I was driving to tutor this morning, since both my kids had pro-D days, and I'm at a stoplight when there's a knock on my window. Whoa. Uh, hi? Can I help you? It turns out that my rear driver's tire is almost flat. Grrr. So this amazingly nice guy pumps up my tire with a cigarette lighter pump that he has in his car, which gets me to the garage. I was worried that it would be something like "Ok, you've got a gash in your tire, which means that you'll need to get all of them replaced. $600 please." Fortunately, it was just a nail and they patched it for under $30. Whew. As I was pulling out of the parking lot, there's another knock on my window. One of the guys from the tire place was holding my wallet that I'd left on the counter. Whoops.

I've got to stop doing things that make strange men knock on my car window.

I love: that my tire isn't going to cost me a MEEEELION dollars.

No comments: