Thursday, September 01, 2005

Oh, gee. Look at the date.


"Now, the making of a good compilation tape is a very subtle art. Many do's and don'ts. First of all you're using someone else's poetry to express how you feel. This is a delicate thing."

So, since I can't pick entire songs worth jack, I'll just snitch a bunch of song quotes. :) Also, then I can take lines out of context, although I tried not to do that. And for those of you playing along at home, I'll give you a cookie if you can ID the songs/artists (since most of the songs have the title in the lyrics.)and the above quote without using Google (obviously it's honour system [Cat, I owe you a cookie still.]).


Where have all the good men gone, and where are all the gods?
Where's the streetwise Hercules to fight the rising odds?
Isn't there a white knight upon a firey steed?
Late at night I toss and I turn and I dream of what I need.
I need a hero.

There's the man I chose.

Say you'll share with me one love, one lifetime.
Say the word and I will follow you.
Share each day with me, each night, each morning.
Love me, that's all I ask of you.

Wake me up inside, wake me up inside.
Call my name and save me from the dark.
Bid my blood to run, before I come undone
Save me from the nothing I’ve become.

Every now and then I know you'll always be the only boy who wanted me the way that I am.
Every now and then I know there's no one in the universe as magical and wonderous as you.
Every now and then I know there's nothing any better and there's nothing I just wouldn't do.

You take me in, no questions asked
You strip away the ugliness that surrounds me.

I wanna fall and know that love has caught me,
Safe in the arms of love.

Kiss me in sweet slow motion.

I wanna hold you til I die, 'til we both break down and cry
I wanna hold you till the fear in me subsides.

I'll be your dream, I'll be your wish, I'll be your fantasy.
I'll be your hope, I'll be your love, be everything that you need.

I knew I loved you before I met you
I have been waiting all my life

The smile on your face lets me know that you need me
There's a truth in your eyes sayin' you'll never leave me
The touch of your hand says you'll catch me if ever I fall
You say it best when you say nothing at all

Still feels like our first night together.
Feels like the first kiss. It’s getting better, baby.

Late at night, when all the world is sleeping
I stay up and think of you.
And I still can't believe that you came up to me
And said, "I love you."
I love you, too.


I guess what I'm really trying to say through other people's words is "I love you Dave, happy anniversary and thank you for three wonderful years together."

(And for everyone else, I apologize for the mushy post. I'll be more angsty or something later to make up for it.)

No comments: