Monday, April 18, 2005

A few things, then a big thing.


Leonard Nimoy's been busy taking photos. Nifty site, but I mostly wanted to let Kit know that it was there, since I didn't tell her about Wil Wheaton's blog.

I'm going down to the States on the 25th until the 28th. Any requests for duty free or Hot Topic? ;) Within reason...

So for the big thing. Some of you may or may not know about my career situation. Basically, I wanted to be a teacher ever since I was in kindergarten. This changed a couple years ago when I burned out really badly when I was tutoring and teaching Sunday School (more like crowd control, since I'm kind of a *fingers in air* godless heathen */fingers* although obviously they didn't know that.). I also went through a serious "I'm never having kids of my own...children are evil" phase. Suddenly I was an English major who didn't want to teach. OH! The humanity. I think pretty much everyone I told asked me if I wanted to be a teacher. ARGH!!! I still loved teaching, as anyone who's ever been caught by me at a party can attest, so I considered doing my masters degree, probably in English so that I could teach people who wanted to be at college (theoretically)

Last year I got back into tutoring, discovered I quite like it and today I finally got my butt into a classroom to see if I liked it. Turns out that for the three hours I was there I really really liked it. As in "I might be able to do this for thirty years". Um...yeah. So I'm volunteering twice a week or so to see what it's like. Holy crap.

No comments: