Friday, August 05, 2005

Holy crap, a post.


It's times like this that I feel fortunate to not be as popular as Dooce or some of the other people on my blogroll. If they'd left writing for as long as I had, their mailbox would be full of "ARE YOU DEAD?!?!?!" emails. *checks mailbox and a moth flies out of it* So, what up? You guys don't care? ;)

Last weekend Daveand I went to Seattle for the World Freestyle Frisbee Championships. It was really cool...kind of like watching rhythmic gymnastics in pairs with a disc or two. We also managed to play a 19 hole disc golf course in Lake Stevens (MUCH FUN) and five holes in Bellingham before it got too dark. I ate the great Amarrrican food of Taco Bell and Jack in the Box. Did you know you could get an egg roll at Jack in the Box?!?! Why was I not informed of this?! It's good stuff! I got a mild sunburn on my shoulders for the first time in a few years...normally I'm careful and/or lucky. I usually just get some burn on my face. Of course, even though it was mild I whined about it, but I got to mix up some magic healing oil (5 drops lavender, 2 drops peppermint, 2 drops sandalwood topped up with about 3 mL [40 drops or so] sweet almond oil)

I dyed my hair a couple days ago...it was supposed to be bright red, but it was more dark burgandy since I was a dope and forgot to strip out the other dyes first. Also, it didn't take on my roots, so I had two inch brown roots. Classy. Last night I stripped it all out, so now I have hot magenta locks, with two inch blonde roots. Tonight is the application of the orange/red dye. Sometimes I wonder what my hair is made of that it doesn't all break off.

Other than that, I've been cleaning my room, playing Kingdom of Loathing (characters are Krystal_Bandh and KarintheGreat), doing laundry, drinking copious amounts of Diet Coke, playing Ultimate and disc golf, helping with kids karate, walking around my new university so I know where the hell everything is and so on. It's a good life.

(I JUST LOST MY ENTIRE POST BUT RECOVERED IT...HOLY CRAP.)

Oh, Dave and I are thinking of going camping on Pender Island sometime this August...there's a disc golf course there, and we're thinking of entering the BC Provincial Disc Golf Championships...which is being held on Pender September 17-18. We figure we'd better practice first rather than going in cold. Anyone interested in going camping? You can disc golf or not, but we'll be going twice for sure (Saturday/Sunday).

No comments: