Thursday, June 16, 2005

More whining? GAH.


Man, if *I'm* sick of hearing myself, how must everyone around me feel? It's ten to eight and I've pretty much been awake since five...I went to sleep around...330 or so? something like that. Cripes. Has anyone else had one of those nights where you SWEAR you've been asleep for a couple hours, turn your head to check the clock and realize that it's only been about two and a half minutes? Yeah...that was me last night/this morning. Now if only I was rested in the same way...I would've had sixty seven hours of sleep. :D (how awesome would THAT have been?)

I guess I might as well go do laundry or something, since I need to get up in an hour for my doctor's appointment. AND since I finished my last Diana Gabaldon book last night. That would be five books. In just over a week. Over 800 pages EACH. I knew I read pretty fast, but I've never devoured a series like this. And now I have to wait until September for the next book to come out. :(

The amusing thing (to me at least) is that there's some serious Scottish dialect in them, so I'm fighting with myself not to talk like the characters (or write like them). My main interaction over the last week has been with a six foot four, red headed fictional Highlander, so I shouldn't really be surprised. :P After spending a month in Scotland a few years ago I had a little bit of an accent. Heck, after chatting with an Aussie or a Brit for more than ten minutes, I'll start picking up the accent. I think it might be easier to do that with writing though, because I'm a fairly visual person and...obviously...when reading, you're looking at the words.

I'm curious now though. I think I'll pick up the audio book from the library to see how they do the various dialects. The protagonist is English and of course there's the red headed Highlander, but there's also a bunch of other nations mixed in there too. Hmmmm..

Anyway, if I call you a "clot heid" anytime in the next couple days, you know where I got that from, aye? (Scottish for 'eh')

No comments: