Sunday, June 12, 2005

DAMN you Hawkins!


*shakes fist* I'm sitting here covered in orangy yellow cheez powder from my crunchie Cheezies. Yum, but yuck all at the same time.

Dave and our friend Walter and I went to see Mr. and Mrs. Smith last night. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. Yum. Anyway, the premise (they're both spies for different companies who get married not knowing that the other is a spy as well) seems awfully weird, and it could've been done really poorly, but OH MY GOD. It was SO funny, especially since the script was written with cliche "couple" conversation which meant something totally different when referring to their spying lives.

One exchange:

Mr. Smith: So how many have you done? (he's referring to body count, not "body" count)
Mrs. Smith: *mumbles something about not wanting to go there* Um, how about you?
Mr. Smith: Oh, well you know. I don't really keep track, but I'd say more than fifty, less than sixty. So you see, sweetheart, I've been around the block a few...
Mrs. Smith: Three hundred and twelve.
Mr. Smith: *dead silence* How could you...
Mrs. Smith: Some were two at a time.

So, anyway, go and see it. Dave and I tried to see it on Friday, but it was sold out. Honestly, when does a 10:50 movie sell out? When it isn't Star Wars I mean...you can put your hands down now.

No comments: