Saturday, March 19, 2005

Actual phone call.


Lady: Hi, is Taryn there?
Karin: mishearing her and thinking she's asking for Karin This is Karin.
L: Hi Taryn, this is name forgotten. My daughter took down your number yesterday when you called.
K: frantically trying to remember who I'd called Oh! Yes, of course. How are you? Who had I called yesterday?! Someone for Passion Parties? Tutoring? Job offer? WHAT ELSE?????
L: I'm fine. So, you had said that you would want to bring your girls in Tuesday between 10 and 12. Is that still ok with you?
K: now very confused I'm sorry, who did you say you were? wondering if I'd made an appointment with a mammogram or something...but why a doctor's office would call my breasts "the girls" is kind of escaping me at the moment.
L: This is first and last name forgotten.
K: I'm sorry, this is totally confusing me. What is this in regards to?
L: probably thinking I'm a total spaz I'm a tutor?
K: Oh, weird. You were looking for Karin?
L: No, Taryn.
K: I'm sorry. This is the wrong number. I don't have any kids...I'm a tutor too...now I'm babbling. Sorry.
L: DEFINITELY thinking I'm a total spaz Um. That's ok. Have a good day.
K: Uh, yeah. You too. hangs up

What a surreal experience. :P

No comments: