Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Meh.


I should write a better review of Van Helsing. Here it goes...

Overall, I found it to be a really terrific movie. The opening sequence made it worth the price of admission (more so since I didn't pay, but even if I had, it would have been enough) and it just got better from there in. The storyline seemed tight, the fight scenes were great, the costuming was phenomenal (I have a weakness for a woman in a corset, loose shirt and tight pants. Very pirate...). I found some of the CGI to be a little weak...there were some issues with the characters looking too...slippery, especially when there was wall climbing involved. I had the same problem with Spiderman, a movie I love and own, so it's not really a big issue. I enjoyed the way they treated Frankenstein's monster...it was very close to the way he is in the original book and very unlike the way he is portrayed in other movies. The Brides were amazingly well done, and extremely hot. Their costuming was just r0xx0r, and so were their br...brain power...yeah. ;) I didn't find Dracula to be sexy enough...I have a thing for vampires, so I like them to have serious sex appeal, but there was one scene where as CM puts it, he suddenly turns on the charm (and the Dom nature... :D ) and is suddenly much sexier.

Ooh. I haven't mentioned Hugh Jackman at all yet, have I? Well, I don't want to get in trouble, so I'll remove most of the vowels in a big secret code. ;)

-h m- f-ck-ng De-ty. N- sh-rt...n- sh-rt! V-ry am-z-ngly s-xy! Kiss-ng sc-ne w-s l-ke "Sh- g-ts P--D f-r th-t!!" N--d t- g-t m- s-m- h-t A-str-li-n ph-t-s. dr-ol. M-ch dr-ol-ng -nsu-s.

Ok. I think that was good. :)

Also, Kate Beckinsale has changed position with Nicole Kidman in my "all time favourite actresses" list. It was funny...I could not remember Nicole Kidman's name last night, I was so knocked out by Kate's performance. Candyman had to remind me... :/

New favourite actress list- Jennifer Garner, Kate Beckinsale, Nicole Kidman

Exercise today: 1/2 hour karate

No comments: