Tuesday, September 09, 2003

Ok, some details.


So everyone is probably thrilled for me, and probably totally curious as to what my new job is. Well, for anyone who knows me, you'll know that I'm completely into crafts. Cross stitch, candlemaking, jewellery, beads, beads, beads BEADS!!! Oh, and jewellery. Made with beads. :) SO, ever since I was 11 or so working in a craft store has been my dream job. Now, through the wonders of me, I am doing so!

I'll be working heavy part time (ie: 20-35 hours/week) through the Thanksgiving/Hallowe'en/Christmas holiday season and then in December they'll evaluate to see who gets to stay on. :) The pay sucks, but it's a job and there's apparently some serious chances for upward mobility. I think I really impressed the manager when I was talking about corporate positions and management opportunities. Apparently there's going to be some new stores opening up and they promote from within the company. :)

Here's a slightly scary story about what happened this morning...

The manager called me this morning and woke me up...told me that she needed people who had complete availablity, so I kind of went "Oh, I have to have weekends off." because of Ultimate and karate and she sounded kind of disappointed. So we hung up, I rolled over to go back to sleep, then sat bolt upright. "Holy FSCK, what am I DOING?!?!?!" rushed upstairs, frightened my mom thinking that I was supposed to be doing something somewhere, got the phone number and called her back and said "Please forgive me, I was still sleeping...can I come down for an interview still? I can be there in an hour."

And I still got the job. Moral of the story? Be half asleep when people call you for work. :)

No comments: