Friday, September 19, 2003

Friday Five


This Friday's (!!) Friday Five brought to you by Fridayfive.org. As usual.



Huh...I'm not sure if these are good questions or inane ones this week. :) Mostly because I'm gonna be wishy washy on most of 'em.

1. Who is your favorite singer/musician? Why?
Don't have one. Don't even have a favourite genre of music. My CD collection tends to collect "M's" though...Madonna, Amanda Marshall, Moulin Rouge etc. I don't think I can answer this one very well.

2. What one singer/musician can you not stand? Why?
Eminem. I don't really like rap all that much and I can't stand his attitude. Right now I have a serious hate built up against Shania Twain. For about a month everytime I got in my car I heard a Shania song. I got in my car a LOT doing tutoring and going to school and stuff. I'm just so sick of her voice. :p

3. If your favorite singer wasn't in the music business, do you think you would still like him/her as a person?
Since I don't really have a favourite singer, I can't answer that. And since I don't really know anything about any celebrities (except JLo and Ben...living in Vancouver I got innundated with celebrity crap...er, I mean gossip. Nope, I was right the first time.)

4. Have you been to any concerts? If yes, who put on the best show?
Does Charlotte Diamond or Raffi count? :) Yeah, I've been to see Ashley MacIsaac, Nickelback, Amanda Marshall, David Usher and probably a few others. I went to see a Christian rock group when I was 15...oh, and I've seen a couple of Celtic bands at ceilidhs and stuff. I still get shivers when I hear "Beautiful Goodbye" by Amanda Marshall. Otter and I went to see her in concert a few years ago and at the big amazing crescendo all the lights went up in this huge WHOOSH of white light. Awesome.

5. What are your thoughts on downloading free music online vs. purchasing albums? Do you feel the RIAA is right in its pursuit to stop people from dowloading free music?
Ergh. I downloaded music for a while. I don't now. Mostly because I've got some of my intellectual property online (mostly this writing...) and while I don't harbour any illusions that it's good enough that anyone would want to steal it and pass it off as their own, it's still my work, dammit.

Now, is the RIAA right to try and stop people from downloading (spelling mistake up there. :) ) free music? I don't know. Is it like stealing cable? It's still stealing? I'll think about it some other time and maybe post something. But I probably won't.

And now that I've managed to procrastinate doing my schoolwork for another hour, it's time to eat. Then schoolwork. Probably.

No comments: