Friday, April 11, 2008

I know it's not about the numbers...


...but yesterday I hit the lowest weight in the three months I've been tracking it with our awesome scale of doom. It is totally FitDay.com which has been doing it. Dude.

Two nights ago, I ran for a whole mile in a row, plus walked for a mile (split between 5 min before the run and 12 min after the run). I'm so freaking proud of myself. Last time I did that was junior high.

Yesterday, I walked to the store to buy brown rice, wild rice and salad dressing. It's just under a mile round trip, and it's a little hilly, but not too bad. I love it.

Knitting club is so cool. I've gotten rid of so much yarn that I'll never, ever use and I've been inspired to start knitting more myself. :D I've got eight year olds now in the club, and some even younger kids want to join. A brother of one of my students wants to join...I'm tempted. He's six, but he already knows how to knit. It'd be a hoot watching him, and he'd probably be able to teach some of the kids.

No comments: