Friday, May 20, 2005

Genius has turned to madness.


Anyone besides Kit who gets the quote above (without using Google...) gets...um...a cookie? A polite nod to their genius (sans madness perhaps?) BEFORE one reads the rest of the post.

I'll wait a second or two...

...

...

Ok, good enough.

(Jeez, I'm really geeky...sorry for anyone who doesn't know what the hell I'm talking about...ok, here goes.)

I've spent about the last three hours either painting or sketching, some of it while listening to Phantom of the Opera (2004 movie version...one of the best IMHO [if only because it includes about 80% of the music as well as the non music bits]). (yay, nested brackets) It's really bizarre to listen to this kind of music while drawing. I know I won't be able to completely tell what it's like...because it's like a dream, where people are like, "uh huh...yeah...I know what you mean" while they're desperately wishing that you'd just SHUT UP ABOUT THE DREAM (partly because I've had a glass of wine [or two{and you don't want to know how many typos I've had to backspace...seriously...I have NO head for alcohol any more }]).

It's weird how alcohol enhances one's ability to notice things...and totally destroys one's ability to notice things at the same time. (like roadblocks) For example, I noticed in the song "Masquerade/Why So Silent" that there are echoes of the final song, the new one..."Learn to be Lonely" when the Phantom is waiting for Christine to answer whether or not she would "swallow her pride" and come back to "her teacher". It almost make me CRY!!! I was all like FORESHADOWING the sadness and the need of the Phantom to learn how to be lonely! (shaddap. Just because I had to listen to the freaking thing six times before I figured it out...lousy English major I am.

Whilst I'm on my semi-intoxicated ramblings, I'd like to point out to all English geeks, of which I am proud to say I am one, that foreshadowing is generally a bunch of hooey. It's really a case of hindsight being twenty twenty. I mean, the first time that someone sees a play or...whatever...if you're anything like me, you aren't going to realize that the bird was indicative of the protagonist. It won't be until the end of the whatever-it-was-that-you-were-watching-or-reading that you realize that "Oh! That was all symbolic 'n' stuff!" But, please. Does anyone actually realize what the hell is going on in those things? Except in CSI. Sometimes. Ok, once in a while, but when I'm right, EVERYONE IN THE HOUSE KNOWS IT!

On a totally unrealated, but not quite, I managed to become an English major without actually taking a Shakespeare course...Shakespeare being the highly disputed master of foreshadowing (and he stole stuff from Chaucer, but that's ok, because there are only seven stories in the world). Jeez.. I don't even know if that was a run on sentence. *pretends to check the commas* Yeah, that looks about right.

So I hate Shakespeare...but only reading the plays. The sonnets, I don't have an opinion about because I haven't looked at them (ie: really cared enough). Morph, aka teenage angst from trollzor (not linking...too stream of consciousness right now) pointed out to me that reading a play is like reading a TV or movie script. Sure, you could do it, but why would you unless you're a total fan boy/girl. I am not a total Shakespearean fanboy/girl, therefore, I don't enjoy reading the plays.

Holy crap. I've written a lot for not planning to write a lot. I started writing around 1:30 or so, but I've been sporadically watching my dad play internet poker for the last hour and change.

G'nite. I need to drink some water so I'm moderately coherent when I attempt to volunteer at the elementary school tomorrow. That's ALL I need. "Miss Karin? Why does your breath smell like my mom's when she's been out with her friends?"

No, they don't call me Miss Karin, but they do call me Miss or Mrs. "lastname" which really freaked me out the first...thirty times I heard it. I was all like "Where's my mom, because that's here name...not mine."

g'nite for real.

No comments: