Tuesday, January 18, 2005

*whoosh* goes the water.


We've sucked about 100 gallons of water out of our carpet over the last couple of days, and it's still coming in...faster than before.

There's a guy here trying to fix it...the water pressure pushed his industrial grade foam out of the cracks. He keeps looking at it and going, "I've never seen anything like this before." My mom keeps hearing "This is going to be really, really expensive."

Updates as they occur.

Update 8:55 pm: Ok, not 100 gallons. About 180 litres...which is um...180 divided by 4...only 45 gallons. Except that there's probably another 40 L or so in the shop vac again. My back is killing me.

Update 11:05 pm: Looks like the water's stopped coming in for now. Ye gods, what a day.

Update 11:29 pm: Spoke too soon. Since the water got stopped up in the hallway, it's now going under the stairs into the closet, along the cement floor much more quickly than on the carpet, and seeping through the wall that's 5 feet from my bedroom wall. Crap.

Update 12:44 am: Gawdammit. We've put up kitty litter barricades and the water just keeps finding new and innovative ways to circumvent our efforts. We've started making Maginot Line jokes. Flee!!

Update 3:00 am: I'm covered in clay from cleaning up the useless kitty litter. Water's going into another room. I'm exhausted. I've been vacuuming all night. (75 gallons)

No comments: