Sunday, January 16, 2005

Next time, I'm skipping the drama and going straight to the hot chocolate.


The fast version: Friendship saved. Ye gods, what a day.

I was totally messed up last night and "made" Dave drive me home and stay with me all night...which meant I didn't get much sleep. (not in that way. I don't sleep well when there's an extra body in the area.) We woke up early, several times, finally getting me out of bed around 1 or so (read: 2 or 2:30)...when we'd hoped to start getting stuff done earlier.

Here's our original hoped for schedule...
1130: Leave Coquitlam so I could pick up my car.
1200: Get my car in Burnaby so that I could run errands.
1230-4: Go to Best Buy (Coquitlam) to return stuff, get my car insured, iron my uniform.
430-630: karate
930: try to make friendship happen again.
later: sleep the sleep of the dead.

Here's what really happened...
1200: kind of wake up.
1230: totally not awake.
130: finally awake-ish
200: actually awake
300: pick up stuff from my car (car registration and stuff to return) in Burnaby and iron my uniform at Dave's. We leave in Dave's car because I'm still too messed up from last night's badness to drive.
330: back in Coquitlam to insure my car. It closes at 5, so I'm fine. But then... "What do you mean I need to get my car air-cared?!" AirCare also closes at 5. CRAP.
400: BACK in Burnaby to pick up my car to get it AirCared, in...you guessed it...COQUITLAM.
430: Finished AirCare, off to the insurance guys to get the insurance done. (incidentally, this guy was a saint. He gave me a sticker and told me to get the AirCare done and he'd do the money thing over the phone and I could come in on Monday to sign all the papers.)
445: We make it to the insurance place so that I can sign the papers (it was supposed to [and did] snow tonight, so Dave figured it'd be a good idea to have everything totally by the book.)
500: I'm not going to make it to karate. DAMMIT. Two weeks in a row.
530: We go to Best Buy. I was told that I had until the 15th to return stuff. Apparently it was the 10th. Today is the 15th. Crap. After a hassle, they told us that we couldn't have store credit, but we could exchange the merchandise for other merchandise, but we had to spend it all today. *rolls eyes* Okay... :p So I got some stuff for my Rio. YAY, STUFF!! And a bunch of other stuff. (I was returning a $115 item...so there was much stuff to be had.)

So, now Dave's out in Coquitlam. His car is in Burnaby. This was happening a lot today. To make a long story short (TOO LATE), we went back to his place and chilled out looking at sex toy companies to decide which (if any) I would become a consultant for.

Then I went and successfully mended fences with my friend. Over hot chocolate at Starbucks. GO TRY THEIR CRAZY NEW HOT CHOCOLATE. Get dipping cookies with it (two for each person) and water. Lots of water. Then wash it all down with regular hot chocolate, but get peppermint syrup in it. Holy. Crap. I'd never thought I could ever be chocolated out, especially from hot chocolates, but oh, my. I don't think I'll be able to have any chocolate for at LEAST...six hours or so. ;)

Ok, I'm tired. And I have a right to be. So there. :p And I just bashed my hand on the corner of my computer desk. Ouch.

No comments: