Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Sholy snit!


"It snows every winter in Vancouver, and every winter Vancouver is COMPLETELY SURPRISED by this."

Too true. Too true, I says.

This year, my dear papa is in Mexico (c'mon say it with me. MEHHHHEEEECO) and so I shoveled snow for the first time in a couple of years. Luckily it was fairly dry and powdery, so I got the (very steep) driveway cleared in about ten minutes, then did the steps, a path to the front door and the sidewalk in front of our house and our neighbour's house (they are also in Meheeeco.) in about another fifteen minutes. I got back to the driveway, and was horrified to see that it had almost a centimeter of snow on it. DAMMIT. Now I know how Sisyphus felt. Except that Sisyphus doesn't have a brother whose turn it is to shovel the driveway later tonight.

No comments: