Friday, January 30, 2004

Flood, pestilence, fire, famine...


Well, I can't speak for the last two (unless you count the diet I was planning on starting as famine...) but we have a leak in our basement. Again. The last time this happened was about six years ago and it got a lot of stuff soaked. It got within a meter of my room last time. This time, it's only about half a meter from the wall it started at, so that's good. Unfortunately, the forecast (thanks Justy for looking it up for me) is typical January/February Vancouver weather. 'Tonight is "Rain, at times heavy". Tomorrow is "Rain". Saturday is "Chance of showers".' I got home from Candyman's and it was suggested to me that I move some of my books that were in cardboard shelves and boxes. Yeah...books and water, not a good thing.

The pestilence? Many, many spiderwebs surrounding said books. Ick.

No comments: