Friday, January 16, 2004

Finally figured it out.


A couple of months ago the aerial antenna on my car vanished, leaving only the screw where it should have been. I didn't notice it for a while, so I'm not sure how long it had been missing because I rarely listen to the radio in my car...the novelty of having a CD player hasn't worn off yet. I told myself I'd head down to Lordco and pick up a replacement. Never did. Then, three weeks ago I noticed that the aerial was back! Like, had someone borrowed it?! Or had a random person decided to swap their old one and noticed that mine was missing?

So, I finally remembered to ask around and it turns out that my dad had replaced it about three months ago. :) Thanks Dad!

In other news:

I took my mom out for her birthday "Death by Chocolate" that I had never gotten around to doing with her. Her b-day is in March, BTW. We had a great time. :) Chatted about nothing for almost two hours. Happy. She and I tend to have really good talks when we actually get going. I enjoyed having a whole day off. :)

Tomorrow I will attempt to help no name yet and Mr. no name yet get their apartment painted before no name yet Jr. arrives. I've never painted walls before. I feel that I will probably be wearing an assortment of colours by the end of the day. This pleases me. I've always wanted to be various shades of greens and reds. Plus it will be practice for when I buy my own place, hopefully in May.

Finally, for those who missed my casual mention of it at the end of my "year in review", I got the supervisor position I was trying to get. Hurray! Came with a raise and guaranteed hours. Of course, next week I'm short of those hours. Siiiiigh. But it means I get to spend more time resting, crafting and seeing my wonderful, loving boyfriend. :) If he doesn't have too much homework... ;)

No comments: