Sunday, January 04, 2004

2003-Year in Review


Last updated: January 4th


January:
-nearly got broken up with by Candyman due to some stupid things I said, although I didn't learn this until later...like March or April.
-began what should have been my final semester of school. Three fun classes: hockey, archaeology and history.
-C/M's birthday gifts went over very well...Tenacious D CD and some other stuff.
-Thanks to the wonders of ICQ, began chatting lots with Bimkins and Justy
-Tutoring and teaching at the church are my sources of income
-Began taking "capoeira", a Brazilian martial art

February:
-Got to see Daredevil on opening day, Valentine's Day. Had an amazing Valentines, complete with pre-lunch cuddling, lunch at Milestones (our first date place) and Daredevil. Later in doghouse for forgetting we saw Daredevil on Valentines. Whoops. :/
-Play a little bit of T-Cup Ultimate, TriCities Ultimate League.

March:
-My mother's birthday. I STILL owe her her present...dessert and drinks at Death By Chocolate.
-St Patrick's Day. I completely forgot about it. Some Celt *I* am.
-Begin looking into Wicca as a religion again, rather than a strange hippy thing. Ditto for Zen Buddhism.

April:
-Kittens' birthday. Uh, I forget what I got her. I think it was nice though...
-Finished all my classes. Taking the summer off...w00t! My grades are pretty good.

May:
-Vegging out. That's pretty much it. Working some.
-Begin playing summer Ultimate. Sprain my ankle less than a week into the season and I'm gone for five weeks.

June:
-Herbie (my old car) pulls a "Hal 9000" and tries to kill me on my way back from tutoring. I have a new car at the end of the week.
-Rob's (little brother) 19th birthday. I got him a T-shirt with his driver's licence on it and Candyman, my cousin Erin and I take him out to the pub.
-Begin playing Ultimate again, and roll my ankle again. Off for three weeks.

July:
-still vegging out. It's good.
-Playing Ultimate, this time with a support brace. My GOD, it's the best support brace EVER!!!
-Start this blog, mainly to try and make myself change into the person I want me to be. It seems to be at least partly working. I'm much happier now than I have been in years. Is this because I'm changing first, or is this blog changing me? Who knows?

August:
-I fill in at Cat's work. I decide that I'm never EVER working in an evil office environment. Unless I get very very rich. More than they'd be willing to pay me, I think.
-I begin karate classes with Shintokukai Karate-do. It is wonderful. Happiness

September:
-I get the job of my dreams...craft store! Hurrah!
-I start unnecessary classes. Stupid, baka. They're scary classes. I worry.
-I get a promotion at the craft store and stop working at the church
-I begin assistant captaining my own Ultimate team. It's a lot of commitment! I think I might stick to being a player for a while.

October
-I finally get my wisdom teeth taken out. It sucks. Enough said.
-My birthday! Many good things, and lots of pictures of me with a swollen jaw.
-I dress up my brother as a hooker for Hallowe'en. My parents are so proud. ;) I also get to wear fishnets with my costume.

November
-Freaking out about classes. They're not doing well.
-Still love my job!
-Seriously looking into Wicca and Zen Buddhism as a spiritual path
-learn how to knit. Many scarves ensue.

December
-Finals. Flu. Bad combo.
-Grades=meh. I didn't fail anything...
-might start doing aromatherapy seminars
-starting a major project which is semi-going. It has to do with horses. :)
-Got a real promotion at work...raise and everything. This actually happened December 31. Happy new year to me!!

No comments: