Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I suck at posting...


I'm obsessive. I start things and work them until I'm sick of them, then I drop them in favour of something else. Currently? Knitting and sewing. Not currently? Blogging.

**WARNING: EXCESSIVE AMOUNTS OF KNIT SPEAK AHEAD**

I'm annoyed because I (finally) started making some gloves for someone and the yarn I had planned on using grates through my fingers like, whoa. I knew it was inexpensive acrylic, but I didn't realize it was so crappy cheap. :P Looks like that's one skein of yarn that's going into the "to school so that children can cut it up and use it for collages" box. *grumble*

I've started a sweater tank top. And since I'm insane, I'm designing the pattern myself, adapting bits from lots of other sweater/tank patterns. I've already had to do a major structural reset but it seems to be ok now. It's seriously, the most mind numbing thing I've ever worked on. It's knit in the round, so I'm basically making this tube of fabric that's just knit, knit, knit, knit, knit, knit, knit, knit, knit, knit, knit, knit, knit, knit, knit, knit, knit, knit, knit, knit, knit, knit, push stitches around, knit, knit, knit, knit, knit, knit, knit, knit, knit etc. ad nauseum for hours and hours. It's great for watching TV with, and I'm learning how to knit without looking. On the plus side, it's gorgeous, soft, RED RED RED yarn. I likes it.

However, I needed something to give my eyes and brain a break from knit, knit, knit, knit, knit, knit, knit, knit, knit, knit, knit, RED RED RED RED REDREDRED ****REEEEED*****. When I was in Campbell River I was in a yarn store, and since under the agreement of the yarn diet, I am allowed to purchase sock yarn (not really the spirit, since I didn't knit socks before this, yes I know...) I bought a souvenier ball of variegated self striping sock yarn. This stuff is like crack, yo. I'd forgotten how much I love working varigated yarn. It's crazy fine, and I'm using these itty bitty needles...and I figured out how to turn the heel (when I get there) and EEEE!! Socks are totally addictive. :) They're like magic! And no seaming! (I loathe seaming. Which is kind of funny since I like sewing...but only machine sewing. Hand sewing? Kill me now.)

So yeah. I've been knitting and sewing and teaching. Still loving the teaching. :)

Oh, and I found this over at Kerflop. It's going on my wishlist. :)

No comments: