Monday, December 29, 2003

Strange...


I received the following in my university email account. Does anyone know anything about this site?


Someone has just begun to research your background via our website.

This email has been automatically sent to you so as to make you aware that your background is being looked into.

The popularity of our website is currently growing at a very rapid rate.

If another person begins to research you in the future we will again inform you via email.

If you do not want to be informed when users research you please add yourself to our Do Not Email List here: (blah blah blah)
You may learn about the research being done here: (blah blah blah)

Sincerely,

WOMC Support Department


It doesn't look like spam to me, and it didn't register as such on my filter but stranger things have slipped through. Any thoughts? I've never seen this one before, so I thought I'd toss it out there to all those people who are much more computer savvy than I am.

[edit: Candyman found out that it's a hoax for me...within thirty seconds...heh...Here's the info if anyone's interested.]

No comments: