Sunday, December 17, 2006

So, hi! Again!


After being all excited about getting Blogger Beta...I've posted, what? Three times? Bah.

Things I've been doing:
READING! Yay! I've missed doing that. I've been reading a series by Steven Erikson called the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I'm on book four, which Dave has just finished. It's kind of fun to be reading the same series. I kind of liked the first book, but found it hard to understand what was going on, got very confused in the second book and HATED the ending of the third book. Based on Dave's recommendation, I decided I'd give book four a shot. So far, it's the best one.

I've also been reading one of my MANY Chapters bargain books. This one is called "Last of the Amazons" and I don't know who wrote it, but I bet Google does. Ah, yes. Here we go.

Because I participated in the generic-winter-holiday-pay-it-forward event, I received a copy of "Amy Unbounded" in the mail last night. Written by Rachel Hartman, it's an amazing graphic novel with a great story, wicked dialogue and great art. I highly recommend it. Shoo! Go over to Amazon and buy it! Go now! I want all of the rest of it now!

Ok. What else have I been doing?

Working: Working at the stores is going well. I had a crazy busy week last week. I think I went to roughly...eleventy billion stores. Give or take. Friday morning, it took me an hour and a half to go 20 km. That was...somewhat unpleasant. I'm looking forward to my paycheque. :D That and tutoring. I've managed to keep my students generally taught, so I should have a pretty fair chunk of change by the end of the month. This pleases me.

Karate: Haha...I forgot to post about this. I passed my grading! I was not happy at all with my execution of the techniques, but I will feel better for my next one because I'm already training for it, even though I haven't talked to anyone about it, or been given a date or anything like that (this awkward sentence requires brackets {especially nested ones.}.). If I start now, I may actually feel better about how I do.

Knitting: Finished a hat. Real wool, for the first time. I'm pretty happy about it. I found out that the wool that I used to knit some soaker pants for beverly_sutphin's son isn't very good because it will pill. Ick. I was going to make some soakers for a new baby of some friends, but I believe I will instead finish the quilt that I pieced a few weeks ago.

Cleaning: I almost have a craft area. I have a bunch of books organized, and my brother dug out the rec room, which is where all my paints are. I'm feeling pretty creative, and I'm excited about using up some of my stash.

So that's it. I've been busy, and you know what? I'm happier now (despite total exhaustion after working every day...holy crap, climbing ladders all day sucks the life out of me) than I have been in months. I knew I was a little depressed, but I didn't realize just how awful and down I'd been feeling until I suddenly didn't have this shadow hanging over me. Yep. Ok, done. Bedtime.

Oh. A special shout out to Dave. Go congratulate him, mmmmmkay? :)

No comments: