Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Why didn't anyone make me listen to emo music before?


It's pretty neat...even if what I heard seemed to be a generation relabelling "soft rock" or "power ballads" to fit a new image. (Please comment politely if I'm wrong, nice emo googlers...) Whatever. I'm not the right person to talk about music genres. Music to me falls under three headings: Stuff I Like, Stuff I Don't Like (aka "rap" and "Celine Dion") and Stuff I Haven't Heard Yet. Ok, fine...stuff breaks down into other categories too, I suppose. Stuff To Work Out To, Background Music, The Crap That Kid Down The Block Plays All Fricking Day, Phantom of the Opera and Other. But seriously...

Reader Poll: What radio station do you listen to usually? (if you're not from Vancouver, let me know what genre it is. :P) If I'm not listening to my lovely Rio (thank god, I've got it back in my car now that the car is fixed.) generally I listen to 93.7 JRFM or 107.9, both of which are country, but if there's commercials on both or one is really static-y, I'll switch (in this order) to 96.9 JackFM (playing lots of stuff, but I like the '80s stuff mostly), Rock 101.1 (classic rock), 99.3 Fox (harder rock), Z95.3 (only in case of emergency...I muchly dislike rap, and there's a lot of it on there)

On my Rio there is a heavy emphasis on soundtracks (I have four versions of Phantom...it's a sickness.), country and New Age-y stuff.

No comments: