Friday, July 15, 2005

Better now.


So, it turns out that I'll be spending $300 to fix my passenger lock. That's ok though. I'm pretty much good now. :)

I did a ton of gardening yesterday. I had a betony aster(?) to remove, which was this horrendous tangle of roots and branches and whippy leafy branches and yikes. It took me over two hours to clear away a patch of ground less than two square metres, and I'm not even finished yet. There's still a ton of roots to get rid of. The stuff was so compact that I had a pile of debris more than a cubic meter sitting on the lawn. I swear it was like undoing a Gordion knot, and I dealt with it in much the same way. On a totally related note, thank you Dave for the loan of the shears and sharpening my hedge clippers. *thumbs up*

I've mostly been gardening, reading and editing. (NO NOVEL SPOILERS, DAVE!! KEEP READING!!!) I've finished the first rough edit of my novel from last November, and will probably be starting to type it up either Sunday or Monday. Dave's only been waiting for...nine months since I finished it...to read it. Although he had to suffer through nearly two months of my planning it. If anyone would like to be my second editor, let me know and if I (even kinda) know you, I'll send you a virtual copy. :) It's not nearly as horrendous as I remember parts of it being, and other parts are so cringeworthy that I put giant brackets around them and wrote in big red letters FIX THIS! LAME! BAD! Most of that is dialogue...I definitely need to work on that.

No comments: