*debates tagging someone...nah...this one's too long.*
The New Year Meme
FOUR JOBS YOU'VE HAD IN YOUR LIFE:
1. Telemarketer (less than two weeks)
2. Retail slave
3. Pizza baker
4. *censored* (to protect me from googlebots.)
FOUR MOVIES YOU COULD WATCH OVER AND OVER:
1. Serenity (and all of Firefly)
2. Princess Bride
3. Monty Python and the Holy Grail
4. Chicago/Phantom of the Opera
FOUR BOOKS YOU LOVE:
1. The Riverside Chaucer
2. Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner (Scott Cunningham)
3. Most fantasy (except Lord of the Rings...I know. I know...shaddap)
4. This is like picking favourite children...Women Sailors and Sailor's Women
FOUR CITIES YOU'VE LIVED IN:
1. That Vancouver Suburb I'm in now.
2. That's it.
3. I've only moved once when I was 8 months old from the same city.
4. But I was born in New West. Does that count?
FOUR TV SHOWS YOU LOVE TO WATCH:
1. Alias (Waaahhhh...it's the last season)
2. Firefly (Wahhhh...no more episodes)
3. Highlander (Wahhhh...it's over)
4. Queer as Folk (Wahhhh...hey...Is anyone else noticing a trend here? Thank Deity for DVDs)
FOUR PLACES YOU'VE BEEN ON VACATION:
3. Washington State
4. San Francisco
FOUR WEBSITES YOU VISIT DAILY:
1. Various blogs
2. SFU webmail
3. Various webcomics
4. Ovarian Masses-how to tell if they're malignant. (YAY!! NO MORE OF THAT! *deletes link*)
FOUR OF YOUR ALL-TIME FAVORITE RESTAURANTS:
1. Sui Sha Ya sushi (all you can eat)
2. The Keg
3. Bostom Pizza (open late...even if I can't ever get soup)
4. Death By Chocolate.
FOUR OF YOUR FAVORITE FOODS:
2. Chocolate covered cherries (Queen Anne type)
3. My grandmother's chocolate chip cookies
4. popcorn (it's so bad for me, yet so good)
FOUR SCHOOLS YOU'VE ATTENDED:
1. Douglas College
4. Port Moody Senior
FOUR THINGS YOU FIND YOURSELF SAYING A LOT:
3. "What the crap?"
4. "I'm/you're such a nerd."
FOUR PLACES YOU'D RATHER BE RIGHT NOW:
1. With Dave
2. In my very own classroom, with my very own class
3. On a beach, learning how to surf...or eating fresh seafood and drinking a margarita. Either or.
4. On the bridge of the Serenity ogling Mal and Inara.
Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't think I made any. I usually say I'm going to give up smoking and drugs...really easy since I don't do either.
Did anyone close to you give birth?
Did anyone close to you die?
Someone from my karate dojo, but I didn't really know him all that well.
What places did you visit?
Seattle, Bellingham, Harrison Hot Springs.
What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
An education degree.
What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory?
The day I got accepted at school...damned if I know the exact date though. Also, Dec 21, the day I had my ultrasound, and today when I found out everything was normal.
What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Going back to school, keeping things together with Dave (though that was really more his patience than my success)
What was your biggest failure?
The s3x toy party business.
Did you suffer illness or injury?
I've had this frigging cold on and off for months now. And I dropped a keyboard on my toe, and stubbed my toe so hard once that the...well...it's gross and I don't want to get into that.
What was the best thing you bought?
Mmmm...most of the great stuff I acquired was bought for me. Desk... computer... new bras... new dresser. I don't remember buying any big ticket items for myself.
Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Dave. He's been a saint putting up with my bitchyness...which heavily manifested itself last semester.
Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
See above. Whoops.
Where did most of your money go?
My tattoo (just kidding Mom. No tattoos here.) Yarn, books, DVDs, car insurance, payments and gas.
What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Firefly. (Jeez, obsessed much? I'm going to look back on this next year and be like, what the crap?) Oh, and learning how to tat!!
Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder?
Happier...I know where my life is going.
Thinner or fatter?
*buffs nails* I think I'm about the same, but I lost 3-5 pounds between Halloween and now, thankyouverymuch.
Richer or poorer?
Hrm. Poorer. Definitely.
What do you wish you'd done more of?
Karate and knitting. My two favourite K activities.
What do you wish you'd done less of?
Doing crap aimlessly on the computer. (Like memes! Hey, wait a minute)
How will you be spending New Year's?
With friends watching movies or playing games.
Did you fall in love in 2005?
Stayed thoroughly in love.
How many one-night stands?
Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I hate the word hate. I certainly dislike a few people now that I didn't care much for earlier.
Do you like anyone now that you hated this time last year?
Nope, don't think so.
What was the best book you read?
Oh lordie. Ummmmmm...probably Alias Grace or The Robber Bride, both by Margret Atwood.
What was your greatest musical discovery?
What did you want and get?
*CENSORED* Oh, and a new computer, and a clean room. And acceptance to teacher training.
What did you want and not get?
What was your favorite film this year?
I'll go with Narnia...since I can't really remember. Aeon Flux was good too.
What did you do on your birthday?
Had a couple close friends, my family and Dave's family out for dinner, then karaoke for the friends.
What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not having spent so much money on the failed s3x toy party business.
How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
Teacher-ish. More mature, except for the funny earrings. As an elementary teacher, one is destined to own multiple pairs of funny themed earrings.
What kept you sane?
Dave. Knitting, Karate.
Who did you miss?
Bill, but then he moved out here!! Yay!! Still miss Justy...we don't hang out much.
Who was the best new person you met?
People from my education class.
Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005:
If I put my mind to it, and don't get distracted by the shiny internet, I can accomplish so much.