Sunday, September 05, 2004

Stream of (un)consciousness


By popular demand...well, at least by one person. I haven't been watching tv because moving flickering lights make me unhappy. Neo-citrin is blessed by all the gods, spirits and ghosts of our ancestors. Buckley's cough syrup is from the foulest pits of hell (I haven't resorted to drinking it yet). Mr. Noodles, chicken flavour tastes really good going down. I hope I don't have to deal with it coming back up.

I'm a little nervous about going to lie down. When I woke up from my nap this afternoon and sat up, all the junk in my chest shifted around and made me cough. Yech. My throat is feeling a lot better.

I've been reading a lot of baby blogs lately. *grumble* And now I've stumbled onto several infertility blogs. *sigh* I'm such a hypochondriac... luckily it's controllable for me. However, I know more about IVF and mucous plugs and male factor and other methods of trying to have children on reduced fertility.

I think I'll need to buy for a new apartment: a dining room table and chairs, at least one easy chair, possibly a new couch, several strings of lights or other lighting type implements.

I think I should be going to bed. I am a terrible patient...I deal best with being left alone...unless I want something. Then it becomes "Get me juice", "No! I want grape juice", "What do you mean we don't have grape juice", "I don't care that no one in the house drinks grape juice?", "I want a blanket." "NO, not that blanket", "This blanket's too hot.", "This one's not warm enough".

Luckily, afterwards I'm very grateful.

Now to rummage through the "colds and flu" cabinet and pick out a nice flavour of medicinal syrup. (WHAT? No grape flavoured!! Damn you!)

No comments: