Tuesday, September 07, 2004

On this day, seven years ago...


I also had a cold. My ears were plugged, I was hungover (well...actually, just very tired), and I was jet-lagged from being in Scotland the day before. It was my first day of university!! Seven years ago today I expected that I would presently...

...be finished school.
...be married. (YIKES!)
...have a career of some form.
...DEFINITELY be out of my parent's house.
...probably have at least one child.

Instead, I am...

...finished my degree, but taking courses that interest me.
...in a wonderful, long term relationship which is showing no signs of ending.
...er...well, we're working on this one. I'm fussy when it comes to careers.
...February or March, I'm outta here.
...enjoying NNY's child and knowing that I'll have one when I'm ready.

You know...when I put it that way, I'm not nearly as frighteningly behind as I thought I was.

Whew.

No comments: