Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Sweet.


Your Brain is Purple

Of all the brain types, yours is the most idealistic.
You tend to think wild, amazing thoughts. Your dreams and fantasies are intense.
Your thoughts are creative, inventive, and without boundaries.

You tend to spend a lot of time thinking of fictional people and places - or a very different life for yourself.


Speaking of purple, I received a wicked purple trophy this weekend, after placing second at the BC Provincial Disc Golf Championships! (scroll down for my division's results) There were originally two amateur women's divisions, but there weren't enough players to fill the two divisions, so we were melded together. I was registered for amateur intermediate, while the woman who won was in amateur advanced, sooooooooo I kind of got first place in amateur intermediate. ;) I'm pretty freaking impressed with myself regardless.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with how I played. I was on a brand new (gorgeous) course that I'd never played before, but my first round was amazing. I wound up with only 6 over par, and managed to par the front nine holes. At hole two, I was shooting for par, threw too high right into a sapling, which then dumped my disc into the basket. I could do no wrong in that round. If I'd decided to shoot the wrong way, I firmly believe that a large bird would have swooped down, grabbed my disc and dropped it in a place where I would be able to save par. (a raven, maybe. I heard a couple there. Maybe an eagle. Discs are kind of heavy.)

My second round...lacked. I was one behind the leader and completely choked. The first hole (hole 15), I par'd when she bogey'd, which put us tied. Then...wow. I got a six, an EIGHT, a six and two fives. This is for holes that should have been threes and fours. It was terrible. The other women in my group talked me back from my ledge and the rest of the round went decently. Argh, though. It wasn't a good situation.

Third round, I wound up shooting the same as the first round, but I didn't even realize it until the end. I didn't have the same "do no wrong" feeling. I think it was because my shots were more solid this time around and I didn't have to sink those spectacular putts, or make up for all the fours and fives with twos. It was a much more technique-driven round rather than relying on luck.

Overall, it was a really great weekend. Dave and my brother Rob were out too, so we hung out quite a bit. I learned that playing 36 holes of disc golf plus a slight sunburn plus a glass of beer will knock me out at seven o'clock in the evening.

Good times.

No comments: