Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Early Day in the Life


This isn't an official "Day in the Life" post...but I just wanted to share what substitute teachers do when they don't get called.

1200: wake up. (I went to bed at 830 last night and slept for fifteen hours. I think the cold that has been trying to explode for the last few days has failed. This pleases me.)

1215: squeal over the gorgeously dyed unspun wool that arrived from Mielke's Farm in Wisconsin for me to spin. EEEEE!! Pics of what I bought HERE. It looks just like that, except that the colours are more beautiful and rich and gorgeous in person. I'm SO excited. :D :D :D :D But I can't spin any of it yet, because I'm on my way to ....

150: go to a matinee movie with my mom. For her birthday, I gave her a voucher to see Blades of Glory and get some movie food. So, we're probably going to go today. :) Review will be posted after.

After movie? Not sure. Maybe spin some of my red mottled Perendale fleece (soooo soft. Mmmm) or my white merio fleece (OMG, even softer...it will become laceweight and become a shawl.) or my brand new bag of candy (Corriedale, so not super crazy soft...but not bad. It will become...um...many things.) but probably not because I have to decide what projects I'm going to make with it first. Maybe I'll work on my cursed sock (don't even ask. This deserves a whole post of its own), or cursed fingerless gloves (some of the stitches fell off the needle yesterday. Grr. But then I worked on it at lunch and got a bunch done.) Maybe I'll do some sewing? Or reading? Ahhhhh...so much choice.

Despite all this, I'm really annoyed I didn't get called. Hopefully I'll have a decent paycheque this time. *sigh*

BOOK BINGE: The Salmon of Doubt: Douglas Adams (short story and essays), A Bird in the House: Margaret Laurence (short stories)

No comments: