Saturday, November 11, 2006

The Diet Nobody Wants


(aka: Why do I always feel compelled to tell the internet that I've been throwing up?)

Starting around 0800 yesterday morning, I started feeling kind of icky. I blamed the fact that it was 0800 in the morning and I hadn't slept well. I've been yo-yo'ing back and forth between staying up all night, then sleeping most of the day. Rinse and repeat. So yesterday, I was going to a teaching ProD day that I'd been invited to and that I really wanted to go to...the catch being that it was in Abbotsford at 0900. And it was raining. Hard. I don't like driving much at the best of times, and driving out to Abbotsford (unfamiliar roads), in the hard rain (srsly...it was REALLY coming down) and not feeling well...it wasn't high on my list of things that I'd really like to do.

So, I made it out there, largely without incident (found Abbotsford Airport by accident...) and mostly on time (due to aforementioned Abbotsford Airport incident). By this time, I was feeling absolutely foul. I was dizzy, felt nauseated...really fun. I made it through the (very very interesting! I'm glad I went) conference, ate some very nice Greek food that had been provided for us and drove home in the slightly (very slightly) less pounding rain and got home around two. I promptly went to bed, feeling like death, in preparation for date night with Dave.

When I woke up, I felt ok. Not great...just decent. Better than death. Dave arrived and we hung out for a bit while I showed him Evil Genius. Then...then I started feeling really, really bad. REALLY bad.

To make a long story short (all together now: "TOO LATE!!") I was basically getting rid of everything I've ever eaten in the last six years from midnight until six in the morning when my mom's chewable anti-nauseant finally kicked in. I then slept until nearly five pm.

Currently, I feel ok. Not great....but I just had a shower and that seemed to help. Bleah, I say.

Oh, and Dave is my witness in this. Around 1230 or so (after I was sick the first time...first of MANY) I sat up on the couch where I'd been lying with my arm over my face, and in a panicked voice asked, "HAVE I POSTED YET??? IT'S AFTER MIDNIGHT!!!" After being assured that yes, indeed I did post after midnight the previous day, I fell back into my couch stupor.

SEE HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU GUYS????

No comments: