Wednesday, September 01, 2004

What's that day again?


Today is Dave and my second year anniversary. I've already told him all the mushy stuff, so I don't need to inflict it on anyone else over the blog. Instead, I'll just do a "quick" synopsis of what we did recently. Oh, and stick some mushy stuff at the end. You have been warned.

The last few days have been great...I think we've spent pretty much 48 hours straight together and we don't want to kill each other. I think this bodes well for the long term strength of our relationship. :) Monday night we went to Ikea and in order to create a harmonious bedroom at some point, we both might get wardrobes which will enable us to create a blended furniture family.

Oh dear god(ess)(es)...this is way to grown up for me.

Tuesday we bummed around most of the day cuddling, went to visit NNY and family, and GAVE THEM THE FINISHED BABY BLANKET!!!! YAY!!!!!! I'm sure I'll post about it later in excruciating detail. Then we went downtown to do some shopping. We actually didn't wind up buying anything...shocking! There were some gorgeous inexpensive leather boots, but my calves are just too fat for them. Dammit. We went out for dinner at Anton's last night. There was so much food...it was incredible! Much pasta. In a shocking turn of events we actually rented a movie last night. Between Dave and my DVD collection, it rivals most video stores in sheer volume, but we rented "Twisted" with Ashley Judd. I think that the thriller genre has become tied with s/f and fantasy in my list of favourites.

Today we cuddled for a bunch of the day, then Dave surprised me with lunch at Milestones...this was where we went for our first date...and first Valentines, and first year anniversary... *big romantic sigh* Then we went shopping again...this time we (read: he) actually bought something. After this we went back to my place where I took a nap. Dave had planned an Ulti practice for this evening, so he went back to his place to prep. I went over and we went to practice. Happily, it was just the two of us, so we got to continue our together time. After practice we went and watched "Dead Poets Society"...a movie I'd never seen but have always wanted to. Now, I am home and trying to cope with the idea that I'm going to have to fall asleep tonight without a boyfriend in the room with me. How very bizarre.

I would just like to finish off by saying what an amazing two years (well, and four months since we met, but who's counting anyway? *looks innocent*) I've had. Warning: mush ahead. Also...poor grammar ahead.

Dave: it's hard for me to express how much you've helped to change me into the person I've been trying to be...the person I want to be. Thank you for all of the everything that you've done for me...from listening to me garble Old English translations at you over the phone for six hours at a time, to always making sure that I have a glass of juice or pop when I come over. For pushing me to work out, putting up with my whining, and taking my fingers out of my mouth, under the pretext of holding my hand, when I'm about to start biting my nails again. Thank you for putting up with my strange idiosyncracies in the kitchen (no, you can't boil pasta in water which has come out of the hot water tap!). Thank you for treating me with respect, listening to my ideas (even when you decide against them :) ) and coming over to visit me when I'm randomly angry...even when I take it out on you. Thank you for late night taquito runs and letting me drool over Adrian Paul's torso. Umm...figuratively speaking...and from a great distance.

Thank you for loving me.

(dammit...all that mushy stuff. :p)

Exercise today: 1 1/4 hours Ultimate practice

No comments: