Wednesday, December 24, 2003

Takin' a break.


We finally got the Christmas tree up today. :p It gets later and later every year. My mom and dad set it up and brother and I have been sporadically decorating it throughout the day. I picked up a couple of things at work and made a massive batch of fudge. Hopefully this stuff will turn out less saucy than the other one. It's finally feeling like REAL Christmas. I've been living in a massive time warp for the last three months because we had Christmas stuff up at the store when I got hired (in September) so it feels strange that it's ACTUALLY Christmas time now. I have to wrap a couple of presents for tomorrow, but otherwise I'm gold. A couple of years ago, my mom made a ton of cloth bags and we use those for wrapping presents. It's amazing. Toss the gift in, tie it up, stick on a premade tag. Traditional? Maybe not. Less stressful? Oh my, yes.

So my schedule is as follows...

Tonight-dinner (our traditional cold cuts, buns, cheese and snack foods), presents from my Oma and the rest of my mom's family. We do cold cuts because my mom's from Austria and since they celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve they opened all their presents from the family then. My Oma used to make a huge dinner, but all the kids were too excited to eat, so she switched to snack stuff that didn't take as much time to prepare.

Tomorrow morning-breakfast with the immediate family, Santa presents and presents to and from our parents. Rob and I usually exchange ours the night before. This came about when we both had really wicked cool presents to give to each other one year and didn't want to wait.

Lunchtime-over to Candyman's for his Christmas lunch. His family is hosting it this year, so it's easy for me to get to from my place.

Dinner-Head over to my aunt and uncle's stopping off at Candyman's aunt and uncle's for a little bit.

Gaaaah.

Love and blessings from whichever higher power you follow to everyone this year. And by this year, I mean all year...not just the holidays. Please stay safe and remember that no one will recall the little mistakes this time next year. Don't stress it out. Hugs and kisses from Coquitlam.

No comments: